Wednesday, January 4, 2012


So whilst the fashion world has moved on to S/S 2012 and 50's shapes, bright colours and midi length skirts, here in dark winterswept continental europe I still have my mind on 2010's Maxi Skirt trend. I saw enough over this summer at The Vintage Festival and around East London to convince me that there is life in the maxi yet.

Summer's maxi was floaty, pleated and chiffon and in contrast to winters maxi which was heavier and staighter.

Here are a couple of ways that I think it could work in a conservative office environment:


Source: The Guardian                              Source: I am not a supermodel.com

Source: People Magasine                                   Source: Life.com

Obviously: steer clear of red velvet and shiny jackets...

Thoughts welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment